Taheva Sanatorium staff and patients (THM F 3837); Estonian Health Care Museum SA, 1926
In 1926, the Disabled Children’s Home was opened in Taheva Manor. The probable reason for opening the orphanage was that after the war many children had been left without parents and disabled.
In 1927, disabled children were removed and replaced by children with tuberculosis. The orphanage is renamed the Home Sanatorium for Children with Tuberculosis.
In 1944 the main building was destroyed by fire.